If You Don’t Know Your “WHY” For Doing Something, You Will Fail …Posted: December 21, 2010
You need a strong enough reason to fully achieve whatever it is that you want to achieve. Then if WHAT you’re doing doesn’t work, you’ll figure out some other way. But if you’re at all wishy-washy, you’re a goner.
The first step to doing ANYTHING at all is to find your “WHY”. Your “WHY” is a big, big, big reason that will keep you going. Where’s your fire? What do you LOVE? What do you HATE? What is REALLY important to you? What do you REALLY want? What situation in life do you want to get out of so it never ever, EVER happens again? It’s not goals. It’s not money, either. When I started coaching, people would write their “WHY”… usually money. They’d need to pay a big hospital bill, or replace a car. Whatever. But your real “WHY” is never money. It’s about who YOU really are. Your driving factor must be WAY more than money. It’s something you want … or something you want to get away from. Better yet, BOTH. If your “WHY” is a 70% and you come up against an obstacle that’s a 72%, you’re gone. You’ll drop out, disappear. But when your “WHY” is a 99.9%, then you’re here to stay and be successful. Why are you on this planet? In one form or another, you’re here to change lives, touch lives, and help people. What were you meant to do?
A nailed “WHY” can save your life. Most people have a huge problem when they decide to improve their situation in life. That problem is one or more of the people closest to you will NOT want to see you succeed. This is a FACT for virtually everyone on this planet, and you are no different.You can argue with me until you’re blue in the face, but that won’t change anything.
There are people in your life who will be threatened when you make a passionate push to success. They will complain and criticize and try to suck the life out of you.
Why? Because THEIR life is a mess and misery truly does love company.Your best option is to get rid of them. Next best is to have an AMAZING “WHY”, a 99.9% “WHY”, that will keep you going through rain, sleet, snow, flood, pestilence, nuclear holocaust, or the criticism of a “loved” one. So why is it critical you do THIS? And why is it critical that you succeed?
Answering these questions may help you find your “WHY”.
- What gets you REALLY excited?
- How many hours a week do you work?
- What do you LOVE about your job?
- What do you HATE about your job?
- What do you do with your free time?
- If you had 2 months vacation and all the money you wanted, what would you do?
- How do you like the people you work with?
- What problem scares you to death that more money could solve?
- What do you just absolutely HATE about your life that more money could solve?
- If you had all the money you needed, what HUGE problem would go away?
- If you had all the TIME in the world to do anything you wanted, what would you do?
- Other than money, what are you looking for?
- What does your family mean to you?
- What do you want for your own personal growth?
- What you want to accomplish in your lifetime?
- What scares you to death?
- What would it mean to you to help others change their lives?
- What really excites you in life?
- What REALLY makes you angry about your life?
- What would you like to give the people you love most?
- What really, really gets you emotional?
This is an excerpt from, “Success In 10 Steps”. Hopefully this helps all of you out there wondering why things aren’t going the way you want. If your interested in reading the whole book visit my website and fill in the info on the right. I will then send you the book via e-mail.